3. Grant of quarrying permit
(1) On application made to it the competent authority under these rules may grant a quarrying permit to any Indian National to extract any minor mineral, 01[other than the minerals specified in item numbers 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of Schedule I] from any specified land within the limits of its jurisdiction and authority as notified by the Government in the official Gazette from time to time on payment of royalty as the competent authority may fix on the basis of the rates specified in schedule I 02[xxx] and also on payment of such surface rent and cess as may be assessable on the lands.
(2) The competent authority may grant a permit for a lower quantity than applied for or refuse to grant such permit for reasons to be recorded in writing.
(3) The area under a quarrying permit shall be a contiguous unit and shall not exceed one hectare.
(4) The competent authority under these rules shall send a copy of the quarrying permit granted by it to the District Collector and the Secretary of the Local Self Government Institution concerned.
01. Substituted for the words “other than dimension stone” by SRO 346/2017 w.e.f. 23.06.2017.
02. Omitted the words “or IV, as the case may be” by SRO 456/2023 w.e.f. 01.04.2023.